Skip to content
- Use a hand sander and coarse sanding mesh to remove texture and smooth out the area when repairing a ceiling.
- If water damage has caused a drywall ceiling to sag, reattach it along the seam by pressing up and nailing the drywall to the joist.
- Water stains will bleed through a repair. To stop them, apply a coat of stain-sealing, shellac-based primer.
- To blend a repair with the surrounding texture, use a roller to apply a mixture of drywall compound thinned with water.
- Before the drywall compound dries, add texture to it with a short-handled stomping brush.